You are either defining the story of what is happening or other people are defining it for you. What you tell yourself is your narrative and the narrative of your life shapes your reality. There are 5 things that I remind myself of often, sometimes multiple times in one day, that I want to share with you as well!
- I have everything I need. I know this sounds so simple but most of us have a complex that says nobody has ever done this before, my situation is so different from everyone else’s, or nobody understands. Saying “I have everything I need” grounds us. When we start to go into negative thoughts it puts us in a victim mentality but realizing you have everything you need makes us open our eyes to everything that is around us! Philippians 4:13, “And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
- I am not alone. The enemy wants to isolate you and make you feel alone and like nobody cares what you are going through. The truth is that there is someone, if not several, people out there going through the same exact thing. There is power in uniting together with one another in your difficulties. Hebrews 13:5, “for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]”
- I was born for this. Tell yourself this, I was born for (fill in the blank). It can be as simple as I was born to be my children’s parent. What saying this does is connect us back to our purpose. Esther 4:14, “Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
- I have always figured it out. God has never left me in a problem that He hasn’t shown me how to get out of. We won’t always know the answer but God does!
- I can trust God no matter what. True faith comes without stipulations. God is the Lord of the valley and the Lord of the mountaintop. Isaiah 26:3, “You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.”
Friend, wherever this finds you I want to declare over your life that you are the right person, at the right place, at the right time! You were made for such a time as this! XO