What does success look like to you? Statistics show that 200 million Americans say that they want to write a book and 63% of people in their 20’s want to start a business, so what is stopping us? In 2 Corinthians 6:11-13 (msg) the Bible tells us, Dear, dear Corinthians, I can’t tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn’t fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren’t small, but you’re living them in a small way. I’m speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively! I love this verse so much because it’s letting us know that there is so much more with God than what we are currently experiencing. I believe that when we get to Heaven the saddest part for us all is not all the mistakes we made but the what could’ve beens had we just believed. Friend, I don’t know where you’re at in life as you read this but I want to declare over your life that God has more for you than whatever you are currently experiencing, good or bad. There is so much more! God’s plan will work if you put it to work, it’s only going to do as much for you as you give access to it. Don’t get complacent in a place where God never intended you to stay. We have to have steadfast patience and endurance through the process. So you want to have this patience, endurance, and become successful? Here are 7 habits that successful people do:
1. Be unapologetically yourself. You will never succeed at what God is calling you to do if you are trying to do it like someone else.
2. Don’t blame others. You will never be able to be victorious if you live your entire life being a victim to what other people have done to you.
3. Take responsibility for your happiness. A job or a circumstance or even a person can’t be responsible for how happy you are, only you can be.
4. Live your life outside of your comfort zone. You will never be successful if you only do the things that are comfortable and easy.
5. Practice gratitude daily. This helps reset your mind to focus on the things you have done right and what is good instead of focusing on what’s wrong or needs to be done.
6. Have daily spiritual practice. There is no greater thing that you can do than to connect with God through daily prayer.
7. Have clear goals and objectives. Define where you are wanting to go and know what the end goal is.
Whatever is on your heart, do it! God has much more in store for you than you can imagine. Start with these habits and start living your life in a big way!