Has this been your best year ever? Maybe it has, and that’s great, but maybe your like the majority of us and are nowhere near your news years goals. The good news is, it’s not too late! Don’t look at half of the year being gone but instead half a year left to finish. The key to success is not to just have a vision for a better life (most people naturally have that) but the key is persistence. It’s not what you do once that matters but it’s what you are willing to do over and over again. If you want this year to be your best year ever, you need to make up your mind that you are going to use the remainder of this year to remind yourself of what you originally set out to do and make that happen! Here’s how:
- Start dreaming. Life is busy, and it’s easy to let it take over but it’s never too late to stop and dream! We get too busy and overwhelmed that we don’t give ourselves the time or permission to take the time to dream. So if you want to be in better shape, or want to be more spiritual, what does that look like to you. Most of the time we don’t even know what we want when someone asks you. So, what do you want?
- You have to be specific. Know exactly what it is that you are believing for. Goals should be measurable. Goals are dreams with deadlines and if it’s better shape you want to be in then you need to be specific with how to get there. Ask yourself these questions for each goal:
- How much?
- By what time?
- What is the plan to get me there?
- Have a written statement that you declare daily.
The more specific and detailed you are the easier it is to obtain your goals.
- Review often. Keeping your goals in front of you often is a way to remind yourself of what you are trying to accomplish. This helps to evaluate where you are on the journey and see where you want to be.
Friend, it’s never too late to start dreaming and be clear about your goals. Maybe you didn’t start the year well, but you can always finish well. XO